Murex is trying to motivate Tropicaners who lost their homes during the tornado by offering free land rents until the owner can install a new trailer. Sign demo contract by the second week in February.
The park owners are helping home owners to sign a contract with a particular demolition company.
They are correct in pushing for demos as soon as possible for a variety of reasons. The wrecked homes and my their contents are scattered about and are hazardous. There is risk of rodents and other scavangers, plus there are safety, household chemical waste, and fire hazards.
After awhile there might be health issues in terms of ground pollution, mold, rats, flies and other insects.
This has to be done, so it might as well be done quickly.
More info can be found in the Trop. Facebook site or from Clarice.
This is from Lee County:
- Stay safe while you clear and recover your property.
- Take pictures of the damage around your property before starting work.
- Wear work gloves and proper footwear, and stay away from power lines.
- Pace yourself and stay hydrated.
- More Information: Florida Department of Health urges use of caution to clean up debris
JOHNNY CASH “I Walk the Line”